HelpAroundTheHouse.com.au is a bulletin board for Helpers and Help-Seekers to meet each other
online. Due to the nature of our business we will necessarily collect
you how your private information will be used.
How do we collect your personal
- We will only use lawful and fair means to collect information;
- If possible, we will only collect personal information from the persons themselves and then we will inform that person of:
- our identity and contact details;
- how to gain access to their information;
- the purpose of collecting the information;
- the types of organisations or the actual organisations to which we usually disclose the information;
- any law that requires that we collect particular information and any consequences if all or part of the information is not provided.
- If we collect information from anyone other than the individual we will take reasonable steps to advise the other person of the matter in the previous paragraph;
- We will collect your IP Address and a list of pages visited to analyse the information for our own business improvements; and
- We will rely on cookies to preserve your identity while you are logged on (by the way, cookies are website addresses stored on your hard drive). If you choose not to accept cookies you cannot participate in this site and you will not have access to our site.
How will we use your information?
- We will not disclose your personal information for any other purpose than the purpose that you use our site for. By registering on our site you consent to us providing your information to potential Helpers and Help-Seekers who may be interested in providng service for you or accepting service. We will use your information for direct marketing purposes unless you request us not to;
- Of course, we have the right to use your information if we suspect an emergency or unlawful activity; and
- Information on our site is provided by our registered members, but we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
How secure is your personal information?
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from unauthorised access, loss or disclosure; and
- If your information is no longer needed we will take all reasonable steps to delete or de-identify you information.
You are entitled to know if we hold your information
- Our policy on the management of personal information is available on request; and
- If you request it we will take all reasonable steps to inform you of the information we hold on you, the purpose for which we hold that information and how it has been used or disclosed.
You have access to your information
- You will at all times have access to your personal information held by us unless there is a good reason not to provide access. Good reasons would be for instance if providing access is unlawful, or if denying access is required or authorised by a law, or if it poses a threat to any individual;
- There may be reasonable charges for providing access to personal information, but not for lodging a request for access. If you notify us of any inaccuracies or incompleteness of your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to update the information;
- We will also, at your request attach a statement to your information informing users that the information is not accurate, complete or up-to-date; and
- If we are unable to provide you with access to your personal information, we will provide reasons thereof.
- We will not adopt other agencies identifiers as our own. An identifier is a number assigned by an organisation to an individual for identification purposes; and
- Neither will we disclose identifiers from other agencies unless of course it is necessary to fulfil our obligations to that agency or disclosure is necessary because of unlawful activity.
Can you stay anonymous?
- If you choose to you may stay anonymous provided it is lawful and practicable.